Thursday, September 4, 2008

Deleted post

I just deleted a short rant I'd posted a couple of days ago. At the time it served its purpose, helped me get some angst out of my system. But last night I was reading a bit of Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth. He was talking about complaining, how complaining serves one's ego because essentially when you complain, you feel you are right and someone or something else is wrong. This just strengthens the ego, strengthens my ego, which is not my aim in life. Instead I want to cultivate awareness and forgiveness, looking through the unawareness of others, not reacting to the ego in others.

So there, no more complaints, at least for now! Just a desire for genuine change, in myself and others...

1 comment:

Monica said...

i love this ... (i hurt my hand today, so excuse my minimal type) ... i'd never heard it phrased this way ... compaining serves you, making you right ands otherrs wrong, but if i'm sitting on the either side of complaining that is exactly how i feel ... wrong, or like thy're wrong ... thanks for the insight.