Saturday, February 3, 2007

Shelf building Saturday

.Today I spend some time knocking a shelf together for the back door, so we have a runway for the stuff that we need to dump when we come through the back door. I mostly used wood that was lying around, so its pretty bowed, but that should be OK once I screw it back to its supports.

I actually got this a bit wrong originally, in that I wasn't planning to make the one end come out any wider, but I drilled into the bricks in the wrong area and had to cover it up (cause I don't own a hammer drill and couldn't drill a new hole!!)

Still have to sand and stain the shelf, and the supports would look nicer if they were angled off at the ends, instead of being big and square... then a bi of trim to cover for the fact that the brick walls are far from square (guess that wasn't really fussy a hundred year ago...)

Its nice having the time to do this sort of stuff. I also got to use one of the routers for the first time, which was nice to see how well that worked... cheap as chips GMC quality, but good enough for the odd job around the place...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: