Monday, January 28, 2008

Winter walk


Thought I'd take a few shots of this place that we're living in. Took the camera on a walk late one afternoon. Here's our house, 14 Poplar Cres.



This is the view down our street. The second evergreen from the right is in our front yard. I took the photo while pretty much standing in Pat and Dar's driveway - we're pretty close, eh!


It takes me a few minutes to get to this road - one of the kind of perimeters of Steinbach - and I love the spaciousness of the view...


Snow-mobile tracks in the ditch.


Now, let me introduce you to Hampton Village...



I'm intrigued by this residential arrangement: two rows of houses facing each other, surrounded by an expanse of open land. Obviously the initial part of further development sometime in the future, but an oddity right now. Wonder what it would feel like to live in this place. I like walking past it.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

that is a nicely shoveled driveway!!! how's the weather over there? it was -42 here today!!! AWFUL!!! and the roads are crappy and first floor flooded cuz one of the doors was left open due to snow drifting up so a pipe burst. ya one of the apartments was in an inch of water. not nice. but this building was made so quickly and cheaply. i guess that doesn't make much difference in the pipes really but apparently this happens regularly. o well!! love you guys!