Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tea party

Found two pale blue tiny tea cups at the thrift shop today - ten cents each - couldn't walk past them! After sitting down with a hot chocolate and a freshly-iced gramma cookie, Piper says to me, "Thanks for not making my hot chocolate too hot, Mum. I really appreciate that." Cracked me up.

On the way to the thrift shop, she was talking to herself (or Jasper, or her tiger, most likely) in the chariot. "We're going to the thrift shop. I'm only allowed to get one toy. When I get there I walk around and look at them all and I don't know which one I will choose, But then I see a lovely one and I know that I love it."

And one last Piperism, from Christmas Day. It was the end of the (very long) day, and time to pack up all thetoys at Gramma and Grandpa's house. All the other kids obliged, but Piper cracked it. Later, in the car on the way home, we're talking about how, if you play with toys, you have to prepared to pack them up when you're done. Piper pipes up, "I only clean up toys in Australia." !!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. That girl has an amazing grasp of English vocab. It's great to read the Piperisms. Big hugs to you all, from Poppa.