Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tickets, and farewells...

Last weekend, I somehow managed to misplace my wallet, my keys and one of Jasper's blankets, all at different times/ in different places, although it wouldn't surprise me if my wallet and the blanket are snuggled up together somewhere! Needless to say, the week has felt somewhat unravelled!

On a different note, on Thursday I walked to the market, to the organic shop, to pick up some fruit for Piper's lunch and the shopping I'd left there on Tuesday! I then dropped Piper off at childcare, headed back through the market, picking up an organic fairtrade coffee on my way to the hairdressers where they're happy to cut my fringe for five bucks. And I did all this in the space of twenty minutes, and then was on my way to my favourite opshop! Sometimes I gotta love living in this area!

It's an inevitable part of packing up and heading to Canada (and of coming home again), that I start noticing all the things I'm going to miss. I'm determined to try and be in the moment, missing these things already now, farewelling them, really, and then ready to soak up all the good stuff Canada has to offer.

Which leads me on to announce that we have finalised our tickets, and will arrive in the second-largest country in the world on
Wednesday 5th December. We leave here on the same day, thanks to the quirks of the IDL. We're going to book the final leg, Vancouver to Winnipeg, ourselves, cheappo Mennonites that we are, so I will post once we know the final details, but we'll probably arrive in the early evening.

And just to be different, here's on of my favourite photos of me and my brother Simon, circa 1984.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! December 5th december 5th yay yay yay!!! U will be in the same country as me!! WOOHOO!!!!
i am super excited even thought i won't see u for a while. and i am so sad to say maybe not even at all!! unless u guys happen to make ur way down to us cuz i am so broke it is not even funny and since i am fending for myself when it comes to groceries etc now, i will not have any money saved. Therefore i highly doubt i will be able to travel with ur mum and brother to see you!! :'( I AM SO SAD!!!!! but i guess thats the way it goes.
Love you all
Michelle

becsta said...

we'll work something out, sweets! Love Bec