Sunday, September 2, 2007

Great weekend

Well, we just had a beeeg weekend!

On Friday, I had people over for a craft space, from 3 to 10pm ish. Enjoyed chatting with Mum and Dad at the end of the evening. When they left, Pete, our house guest got home from his job on a film set (a psychological thriller called Break In - look out for it!), so we talked for a while - I was rather hyped! That's what social spaces do to me! Then right when I was heading off to bed, Gord and Jesse got home. I hadn't seen Jesse for a while - it was great to see him... finally got to bed at 1am! With a few wake ups thoughout the night, of course, and two kids who decided 7am was a good time to get up (others would say this is a sleep in!), I didn't get much sleep.

So Saturday, we had a fantastic brunch at Choi's (our old place, actually), with Samara too. The weather was absolutely gorgeous, to welcome the first day of spring, and that house was always beautiful in sunnyweather. From there, we headed to Mum and Dad's. They looked after the two kids (Jasper for the first time) while we headed off to the movies. Saw the Bourne Ultimatum, which was satisfyingly entertaining. Said hello to my bro, Daniel, at the italian restaurant in Greensy where he works, and had a coffee a few doors up. Had tea with Mum and Dad, and then drove rather blearily to Gembrook, arriving around 9.30pm (not that you really care!).

At around 6.30am, Jasper decided he was done sleeping, after having listened to the kids stomping around upstairs for a bit. I was psyching up to get up, cos I was feeling tired but not grumpy, and I knew Gord was tired AND grumpy (having, of his own volition, slept squished next to Piper the steam engine in a single bed. Why? you ask. Well, he didn't want to be bounced around next to me while I was changing Jas's nappy in the middle of the night! He told me at one point last night he jumped out of bed absolutely fuming because Piper was snoring, the blankets weren't covering them both well enough and he was cold, and he felt like he hadn't slept yet! He paced around for a while, calmed down, and re-did the blankets, but yeah, why woulldya?? He didn't get much sympathy from me - he just made me laugh instead - in the morning when he told me!)

Anyway, what I meant to say was that I was psyching up to get up, but then Jane offered to take Jas. Later Gord got up, and between the two of them, I was able to sleep in til 10.30am, with one feed in there - that felt SOOOO pleasant! Hasn't happened in quite a while...

We were at Gembrook cos there was a stack of wood to be cut up and stacked. An arborist had come along and trimmed a whole lot of trees along one edge of the property, and we were there to do our best to clear the timber off the neighbour's land. I love hauling wood - enjoyed throwing and stacking it while Gord sawed with a chain (or is that chainsawed?). Lovely weather to be outside.

Got back home just in time to hear Samara preach at church - it was really ace to hear what she had to say. Piper was TOTALLY baked, after a whole weekend of full on play, but she got to bed okay, without cracking it.

We just watch Idol (whoo! I'm really enjoying it!) and chatted to Pete. He and Jotara just bought a one-bedroom apartment in Northcote, so that's pretty exciting. I love this sense of relationships developing - makes our life all the richer... And here I am on the couch with my laptop, enjoying having a bit of a rave here. It was a really good weekend, that's why I wanted to write about it. We don't usually plan our weekends this full, but even though it was busy and we missed our relaxed coffee space at the market on Sunday morning, it was still a really satisfying weekend.

Soayeah... betta wind it up... love to all

P.S. This is Jas this morning - check out his perfectly Canadian t-shirt, a hand-me-down from Ilsa and Liam...

2 comments:

Rowena said...

Hey hey Gord!!! It's been a long time! You and Bec have two beautiful children. We need to catch up! Email me when you can!

Anonymous said...

ok so please tell me that the kid sitting in Gord's lap in the first picture is NOT your son!??
OMG look how big he has gotten in like the almost 2 months i have been gone!!! WOWZERS!!!
but ya sounds like a full on great weekend!!
Love you all
Michelle
xxoo