Thursday, June 12, 2008

When Gord's away...

When Gord's away:

  • the coffee maker goes untouched - it's green tea 4 me if I want a caffeine hit in the mornings. So much easier to abstain when no one else is partaking of that bitter dark delight!
  • there's less dishes, and they never pile up too much.
  • I had a crack at mowing the lawn for the first time here in Canada.
  • not a single slice of bread has been consumed in this house for the last three days.
  • I'm so much more tired!
  • I'm grateful for my friends and family here in Steinbach (and further afield).


Dinnertime - a late dinner, actually. This arvo the kids and I headed into Winnipeg to pick up Gord, only to find that his flight had been cancelled. He's supposedly turning up tomorrow afternoon. I am knackered, although part of that is my own fault. While Gord's been away I have:

  • planted veges and flowers
  • cleaned out the fridge
  • sorted through all Piper's toys, coming up with a whole garbage bag of stuff to take to the thrift store!
  • unpacked from the weekend
  • done a few loads of laundry
  • pulled together a gift for a friend
  • gone shopping
  • made soup
  • mown the front lawn
  • kept the house tidy and the dishes done
  • done the kids!

Seems like a lot, but also not all that much either, but I am done in! Must remember how to relax! Now I'm off to make a cup of tea, and some toast, so I can sit down and watch another episode of Love My Way - bring on the Aussie drama!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Wow ... it sounds like a lot to me!

Sorry I haven't called you back yet. :( That's something you'll learn about me .. I'm not always so good at that.

I'll send an email or we can talk Sunday if I don't pick up the phone.

Relaxing sounds like a great idea!