Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Morden Back 40

Yesterday we turned up in Morden for the Back 40 folk festival. A few people from the house church we've been hanging around were going, so we took the opportunity to see a bit more of the Manitoban countryside. I like folk, I've decided, despite not chasing it up much in my life thus far. Lovely to go with friendly people, and have various social options (and sunny/shady options!). Even Pat, Dar and Jayden turned up after Pat's mountain-biking race. Emma and Abby, Dale and Monica's kids (aged 8 and 6), looked after Piper the whole time, seemed like! Meaning they supervised her at the playground and the kids tent - a novel idea which meant the day felt so relaxing for Gord and I! Beautiful day, all in all, a highlight, kind of a rareity... hopefully summer will bring more spaces like this...

The shady spot.

Mark, Simon, Tam and Brenda.









Princess Piper! At the face painting tent, she asked for Barbie! Oh dear, it's the long, fast road downhill from here, I feel! Anyway, to the painter, that meant pink cheeks and red lips!



1 comment:

Monica said...

Bec ... I've been reading all your posts and I've found them so interesting and have had lots of comments, but it seems I'm always in a rush, so I don't leave any comments.

These are GREAT pictures. We enjoyed the day too, although I always feel so torn between listening to the music and visiting with friends. Oh well. Two great options.