Thursday, November 8, 2007

Mr Carlson exits stage left

We've enjoyed having Jesse, a friend from Canada, stay with us. He's been so enjoyable to live with, in fact, that he's renewed my desire to live with other people.... other kid-friendly people! Oh yes, that and having the experience of being surrounded by a dozen amazing women for five days and then coming back to the reality of my comparatively individualistic life!

Gord, Jesse and Jasper this morning

Jasper this arvo, munching on sourdough from the market... ummm!


Did I mention Jasper and I were hanging out in the backyard because I told Piper we could go to the toy library in the arvo, and then realised the toy library wasn't open in the arvo on Thursdays, so instead I said we could go to the pool after she had a quiet time reading books in her play room while I had a little lie down, but then when I woke up from what turned out to be an hour-long kip, having slept through the departure of the legendary Mr Carlson (BUMMER! so sorry, mate!), and went to wake her up so we could head to the local billabong, I could not for the life of me rouse the girl! I talked to her, I rubbed her back, I pulled her blanket off a bit, Jasper banged on the jack-in-the-box and gurgled, all to no avail.

So instead, Jasper and I had a kind of picnic in the backyard, in the shade of the nappies on the line. (Today was pretty warm, mid-twenties? In fact, I got sunburnt at 11am when Jesse, Piper and I were sitting outside enjoying a cuppa (well, Jesse and I were enjoying our coffees; Piper was enjoying her dinosaurs from the toy library.) And the sun was still warm at 5pm. So yeah, that's a snippet of our day.

Did I say Jasper loves eating?!

1 comment:

Annie said...

I loved the Toy Library when mine were little. A great concept and lots of fun toys just for a little while. I'm glad it's still alive and kicking. I had to laugh about the picnic under the shade of the nappies. Well done!