Friday, August 3, 2007

Homecoming

We're back from visitng family up north, and settling back in. Bit of a shock to be faced with running a household again, as well as just being a mother to the kids. I like the single focus (on the kids, say), and having to multi-task has made me a bit grumpy. Hmmm... The big suitcase remains unpacked, but I managed to clean the bathroom sink yesterday - SO overdue! What made me feel really satisfied was that all I used was water, vinegar and a few drops of lavendar oil, purely for the smell, and it came up SO clean - go the natural products! (I must have been really satisfied to be writing about it here!)

It was a great space with my grandparents. My grandmother just got better and better while I was there, although they've now decided to move into a nursing home ASAP. Big transition but having a leg amputated is a big transition too! Puts other transitions in perspective.

Took heaps of photos, and will put some links to albums up soon, but here's a few for now...

Visiting my grandmother, Ma, on the last day...


My brother Simon and Jas and I...


Gord and Piper posing at a scenic lookout on the road down to Cairns/up to Kuranda...

2 comments:

joanne said...

sounds like it went better than expected - great

Anonymous said...

Hey. That's such an encouragement to see Ma smiling. Such an encouragement.

Love you all, Dad.