Thursday, May 3, 2007

Birth Movie

Hello All,

No still no baby, though maybe soon...

Found out about this movie called Pregnant in America, while checking my emails this afternoon. It's supposed to be the Farenheit 9/11 & SuperSize Me of the birth sphere. I know America has an even more skewed health/birth system than the rest of the Western world, but it should make for interesting viewing.

Michelle, my cousin, and I were catching a bit of arvo TV (quality, mate, quality!) today and saw a pregnant woman reclining, getting ready to give birth. This ALWAYS irks me, cos for one thing, you're not supposed to lie on your back for long periods of time, especially in the third trimester, cos it makes it more difficult for blood to get through to the baby (not to mention it can get to feeling uncomfortable). But even more irksome is the idea that women should give birth in this position. What freaked me out this arvo was that Michelle commented that she didn't know you could give birth in any other position. This is no slur on Michelle, but crikey, it just highlights how generally brainwashed Western culture is when it comes to giving birth!

Anyway, that's all the sermonising I want to do right now! Want to clear my head so I can go and have a baby meself!

So, if you're interested in the movie, check out the website, or view the trailer here.

Love to all, and we'll pass on any news ASAP!

Love Bec

No comments: