Monday, April 30, 2007

Just spoke to my folks on the phone - they were just checking in to see if anything had happened yet (just like my friend who rang yesterday and said straight away, "are you one or two?!" and it took me a minute to figure out what she meant!)...

What was I saying? Yes, so when I was talking to my Dad, I mentioned that perhaps the baby will come on Wednesday, because it will be a full moon. And he reminded me that Piper arrived on a full moon in 2004. "In fact," he said, "I can guarantee it, because that was the night someone broke into Simon's (my brother) car and let it roll down the street into a fire hydrant!"

Dad also told me that that's where the terms looney or loonies comes from - people affected by lunar activity. Anyway, so now I wonder if Wednesday will be the day! It happens to also be the birthday of Margie's daughter, Acacia. (Margie's looking after Piper during the birth).
(This is me and Piper posing in front of the statues of characters from The Magic Pudding, an Aussie story.)


So there you go, the things you learn while waiting for babies to emerge! This is a photo of me in all my bulging glory! Last Wednesday (the due date & ANZAC Day, a public holiday here), Gord, Piper and I went to the Botanical Gardens, to a kids park there. This is where I am in the photo. We also got a bit trigger happy while we were picnicing later, so I'll see if I can upload some of those shots...

1 comment:

Peter Ackland said...

Hi Bec and Gord,
Opps. I'll have to be careful what I say around you me gal. This is a strange space for us too, waiting and wondering which day.
We're through with predicting.
Love, Dad.