Sunday, May 27, 2007

Lunch with Uncle John


Today we had lunch with my uncle John on the way home from Gembrook (we even got to see Sarah Joy, my cousin, before she had to catch the train). Had yummy soup for lunch, enjoyed talking about our lives, and even had a little jam session with Gord on guitar and John on the darbuka (drum)! I LOVE listening to Uncle John drum - watching his hands move is mesmerising... I also loved looking at all the photos on the wall (see background of photo below, and that's
only a few of them!). I'd love to something like that at our place!

I actually had heaps of fun playing with a bunch of lego John pulled out for Piper to play with - I haven't had that much fun with lego since I was growing up! Nice to be a bit of a kid for a while.

In the photos above, Piper is holding a little boxed cake to celebrate Jasper's birth - as John pointed out, you don't need to put a candle on a birth cake =)

And now it's 10.30pm on Sunday night, and I should be heading to bed, especially as I have a bit of a sore throat. Jasper's sleeping cozily on Gord's lap - he really loves sleeping in arms, which is entirely understandable. Gord's chatting to DJ, who came round after church, so yeah, nice vibe here... But betta sign off... love to all...

No comments: