Friday, March 6, 2009

Labour of love

I'm finally getting to blogging, after a month or so where I felt like, the bigger my belly got, the less headspace I had for anything blog-wise or computer-wise. And hey, now I have something kind of interesting to blog about! Here's a bit of the story...

A Piper-and-Jasper totem pole, in front of the birth pool bits.

Labour's kicked in, midwives on the scene...

Resting between contractions...

Kids up, baby must be coming soon...  Jasper really doesn't know what's going on!

Baby born - Piper thinks "piece of cake!"

Man, I look happy!  I think I'm glad it's over!

And my reward: tea and toast in bed, wrapped up with a new baby...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the birth of your handsome baby boy! Thank you for sharing your birth story and pictures with us. The cuddles together in bed looks precious.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures.

Monica said...

Oh my! I can't believe I missed this post.

Since working more, I'm WAY behind on my blog reading and so I get the odd chance to hit my reader button, but I'm missed a lot too. And this was one of the posts I MISSED!!!

Bec, your birth looks so wonderful! Love you line about Piper thinking it's a 'piece of cake'. I have so many questions for you. :) I think I'll have to work on an email ...