Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Piperisms


Long time, no blog! Matthew told me he was getting a bit bored of the winter/spring comparisons, so I thought I'd finally do something about that...!


Some Piperisms

After Gord installed a blind in Piper's room, and I made it roll itself up for the first time:
"Wow, you're good, Mum!"

Out of the blue, while walking to the library:
"Mum, a four-year-old kid can certainly do everything for a dog." Yeah right!

From the back seat of the car, upon finding a knotted plastic bag:
"Mum, this bag would be perfect for picking up dog poo!" (Yes, there's an unfortunate theme to a few of our conversations! Can't see it happening any time soon, though!)

Finally, a conversation in the car on the way home to Winnipeg:
"You always get another birthday," Piper says.
"Yeah," I say. "Unless you die."
"Maybe you get to have a birthday in heaven," Gord adds.
"Oh, that's a good idea!" says Piper. Then, after a bit, "Where's heaven?"
"I don't know where heaven is," I say.
Another pause. "Maybe heaven is in our hearts," says Piper.
Whoa, heavy! I think. "Yeah, that's a good thought," Gord and I say.
"So we need to climb into our heart to get another birthday," says Piper!

Piper comes up with cool stuff almost every day, and I wish I was as diligent as Matt & Fi in writing them down. But this is a taste at least, and something for us as parents to remember...

***

While I was writing this, Gord comes up from the basement where he's been working in the laundry with his dad for a couple of hours. The plan was to finish an unfinished wall, where you could see the studs, so nothing too complicated. They've been in and out of the house, away with the truck and back, so I'm not sure what's going on. Anyway, Gord said his first three shots with the nail gun went straight through a copper pipe, and they've been fixing since then!


Gord the lumberjack...


Piper cutting cookies at Gramma Wiebe's house...

1 comment:

Mon (John Ackland) said...

Hi Bec, loooooove the Piperisms, loooooove Piper, and loooooove Jasper, You, and Gord too. Mum said you had phoned the other day and shed some tears. You are soooooo my favourite neice in the whole world, and I am soooooo proud of you. Blessings to you all . . . Mon :)