Saturday, April 5, 2008

Nine days of illness

I've had a bad cold for nine days now, but am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Can't remember an illness holding on to me this long, ever! Jasper has been sick as well, including two days of high fever, so that was stressful, and the rest of the days, just miserable. Anyway, I'm pleased to announce we are almost back to normal. Phewww!

While I've been sick, the snow has been melting like MAD outside. I was surprised maybe a month or three weeks ago, at the pure joy I felt seeing our driveway totally free of snow - who would have thought a small thing like that would make me feel so good! Now I look outside and so much of the snow is gone! Piper's been jumping in puddles and learning the things kids do in the spring, like float leaves in the gutter, etc. It was 9 degrees a couple of days ago, 1 degree yesterday, a high of minus 1 today (and it snowed overnight) but supposedly 12, I repreat, 12 degrees tomorrow!!!!! It totally feels like summer already when the weather is that warm! Bring it on!

This weekend Piper is staying at Gord's parents' place, along with all her cousins except for Taelyn. Jasper and Taelyn miss out cos they're not toilet trained yet, and dealing with seven kids who can go to the toilet themselves is enough work! Gord and I were trying to wangle going out by ourselves without Jasper, but he's been miserable lately, as I said, and not quite up to being left with just anyone yet. So instead, we went out for fish and chips with Jeff and Sharon last night, and today I'm going to Winnipeg with a friend to hit Value Village and a few other places. I'm looking forward to getting to know her a bit better - our conversations are a bit disjointed usually, with her four kids and my two.

Anyway, here's some pics of the difference in landscape around here. Honestly, it's amazing seeing curbs and sidewalks emerge, not to mention grass! We have a park directly across the road, so I'm looking forward to exploring that more with Piper.

A shot of our house taken in the middle of February:


And our house yesterday:


Looking down Poplar towards Pat and Dar's place, taken on the 8th of March:


Same view taken yesterday (4th April) - you can see the difference the sun makes, given one side of the street is clearer than the other:

No comments: