Sunday, December 16, 2007

Getting around this frigid town!

This is how the kids and I get around. I've forgotten the name of this thing -I call it the chariot, but it's actually something else but I can't be fagged walking out the frigid garage to check! I felt almost normal on Wednesday, when we headed to the main street, hit a few shops and then the library. Like that's what I normally do with the kids in Melbourne, we just don't have to spend five minutes rugging up before we step out the door!



Jasper gets a bit lost amid all the layers! Takes a bit of getting used to, for him, being dressed and undressed all day! (See our nicely shovelled driveway?!)


On Tuesday we headed to Lorette, half an hour away, between Steinbach and Winnipeg, to visit Shaun and Helena, our good friends. It was sooooooo nice (words can't express) to be offered a Stella upon arrival and a white wine with a meal. Made me feel normal, it's what we'd often offer!


Shaun and Helena have an eighteen-month old son called Zachary, who we hadn't met until this week. He & Piper played pretty well together, and we had fun playing chasey in the loungeroom. I'll try and work out some rhythm of seeing Helena, and all of us seeing each other, cos they're such beautiful friends...


To finish, Piper wants to say: Dear Poppa, we won't see you for a long time, but we're not going to say anything to Pippa cos she's coming in a long long time, but not on the same aeroplane as us. (yes my Mum's coming over in May-ish.) Pippa, when you come to Canada, you can have a look at my beautiful wrapping paper and my beautiful reindeer sticker, and when it's early in the morning, I'll open it and you can see what's inside. (I just wrapped her Christmas present and stuck it under the tree. Oh yes, I should take a photo of our tree, decorated with stuff we found at the opshop.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see what is inside your present Piper & I really look forward to seeing you & Mum & Dad & Jas Love, Pippa

Anonymous said...

hi!!
It's good to hear ur settling in and stuff. Ur house looks cool and Piper and Jasper look really cute all bundled up.
I was wondering if you could send me that picture of Piper and I...

Keep posting blogs, its great to hear what you're getting up to.
oh btw, cos im so proud... Zac found out his ENTER score 2day.
99.5
it's great. he really deserves it!
it's not very warm atm, but i guess compared to where you are low 20's sounds good...
haha
anyway
lots of love from heidi