Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Weeds R us

This morning I got up at 5:20AM and by 5:30 I was out trying out the new weed pulling tool I picked up yesterday. 

This is the second pass through the yard. The first pass I got rid of the cape weed, a large beast that pulled out easily enough..

This time around, its the smaller stuff, the ones that grow over the grass and kill it to make wqay for more weeds.




Jasper is a good little helper for me. Well, he watches for a few minutes until he's bored and then carries on...

The finished result is a wheelbarrow full of weeds and a pretty bare earth.  The good news is that we've had about 3 inches of rain in the last week, so the grass should explode over the next few weeks, hopefully filling in all the holes...



So far, five wheelbarrows full. Probably another three left in the backyard...

OK, so I'm talking about weeds. Not too exciting... but hey, that's life.

3 comments:

Monica said...

Gord! That is CRAZY!

Deanna said...

So nice to see things growing! We're heading into winter. Brrr. Loved your post on the Christmas Swap blog! You cracked me up!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, looks like HOURS of work. I can imagine how proud you'll be once the yard is in the stage where it is simply maintaining it.

Bec, you're looking beautiful, I've been waiting for pics. of your belly. Thanks Dar!