Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Steinbach Town Parade

Well, after a month of "virtual" silence, and comments from both Matt and Dar, I have undertaken to post some pics! The other thing that has facilitated this post is the return of our camera, which Gord left on the street after the town parade on Friday. Thankfully Steinbach is a town full of Mennonites, and someone rang up tonight saying they'd picked it up.

Piper and I went in the parade for Body Driven Sport, Pat's bike shop. I got it into my head that I wanted to dress up as a clown, and Pat & Dar obliged me! When Piper saw me putting face paint on for dress rehearsal, she decided she wanted to be in the parade too. Here's our practice run...


Day of the parade: our friends Mark and Tam.

Jasper and Gramma.

Free freezie...

Darlene and Jayden.

Pat.

Here we are - it was hard to keep up with everyone on bikes!

I loved watching Piper hand out "suckers" (lollipops), picking some kids and handing them out personally. She really enjoyed the whole thing, and I was impressed with her stamina, walking what ended up being around five kms, by the time the day was done. She's ace!

This fellow and his wife live opposite Gord's parents on the highway, breeding these cute cute cute minature horses.

Zach in the big pill.

Gary, Gord's brother, the "busted" drug pusher.

1 comment:

Monica said...

You are TOO cute with that face paint. Super work!! What a trouper that Piper is!! Our kids were very disappointed to miss the big parade.