Thursday, March 13, 2008

Piper's fourth birthday

Crazy! I sleep in this morning, and now I'm wired at 12.30am! I was lying in bed composing a post for this blog, which I haven't had energy to do lately, so I thought I'd get up and rave on a bit here and that might give me a bit of peace later! Life has felt pretty busy, this last week, but I think that's mainly because of Piper's birthday, rather than our life being systematically busy. (Man, am I making sense at this late hour??) What I mean is, Piper's birthday is over, I no longer have party games and a treasure hunt that I "have" to pull together, etc, so life should feel slower again soon! Actually, it does already, but I'm still recovering!

Piper's birthday was fun. On the actual day, we kept it pretty normal. Went to visit a friend, and Piper enjoyed playing with her kids. Went to story time at the library. In the evening, we got fish and chips and watched Dumbo together - current movie interest (above Nemo, Simba, Ariel, etc! Actually, Ariel is still way up there (and Melody, her daugher), and Mufasa gets a mention almost every day...!)



I made a twirly dancing skirt for Piper - got it done at the very last minute! She didn't say much when she opened it, but she put it on right away, and then wore it for four days straight, so I think she likes it!



Presents from Pippa and Poppa...



A family shot on Piper's birthday, courtesy of Darlene (and Photoshop!!)

On Saturday, we had all Gord's family over, and Pat, Dar and Jayden as well. Ten adults and ten kids exactly, except that Gary was sick, so he stayed home (and messed up that perfect symmetry!!). I'd left organising the treasure hunt to the last minute, not for want of thinking about it, but for want of thinking productively about it, despite an international brainstorm session with Anna! Anyway, an animal treasure hunt came together, but I was working from the time I got up to the time everyone went home!



Playing Pass the Parcel, which was less overwhelming for Piper than the treasure hunt (not being able to keep up with the big kids...)


Cupcakes seemed easier than the cougar/mountain goat/something else cake Piper wanted - yes she wanted three animals in one, and I tell ya, I'm good, but not that good!

We videoed us playing the donut game, where you have to eat a donut tied to a string without using your hands, so once I get the footage on my computer, I'll post it! You should see Gord's dad wolf it down!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well the birthday girl looks rather chuffed in her new skirt!! So she should be. As for the trianimal cake, you'll have to train her up to bake her own culinary extravaganzas!!
Anna