Thursday, July 5, 2007

Graffitti pose



At the Jam Factory near us (which used to be a jam factory, I believe, but is now a cinema complex), there's a passport photo booth, and I had this idea that Piper and I could pose together each month and then we'd have a record of her changing face (okay, yeah, and mine as well!). So, the strip to your right was taken on the 5th of June, and the ones to your left were taken yesterday.

As you can see, there was graffitti on the screen, which I saw as I parted with my coins, but didn't think through the implications. Anyway, you can see the result! I tell ya, I felt like an affronted citizen and almost came back with a scraper and some cleaning agent, so no one else would get a disappointing surprise after waiting for their photos. What I should have done is taken the phone number given for faults, and let them know, but I didn't think of that at the time.

What was particularly disappointing was that, compared to the first time, Piper had totally gotten the hang of making a different face for each shot - surprised then sad then angry then happy! What other emotions would you like us to demonstrate (leave me a comment!)... anyway...

And apart from that, we are well. Helen, our lovely local babysitter was over tonight, so Gord and I hit Chapel St, with Jasper in the Baby Bjorn, to find a place to eat. Found an okay Malaysian place, after walking past a nepalese, pizza, three thai, an indian, another malaysian, and a few generic, restaurants. I guess you can say that for this area - we aren't stuck for variety!

It's always good to check in with each other. Life feels rich at the moment, as it has done for a while, actually. How lucky are we...

And how are the children, you might ask? Well, Piper has been SOOO vague lately - immersed in her own little imaginative world, and also a little hard of hearing, still getting over a cold. What a combination - I find myself saying things three times before she even comprehends that I'm talking to her! She's also doing this thing where she cries at night for seemingly no reason, and it's really hard to wake her up to snap her out of it. Gord researched this and thinks it's something called night terrors... But other than that(!), she's relatively cheerful, although, now that I think about it, we did have the mother of all tantrums (so far!) this week, when she didn't want to go to be one night!


And the little lad is going sooo well. Looking at him makes me all smoochy at the moment. I remind myself occasionally that one day he too may well throw a mother of all tantrums, but at the moment, that seems hard to imagine! I saw the Mat nurse yesterday and she was very pleased with how he's going, as well she should be! He's put on more weight etc, and is holding his head up really well. Yeah, he's just so fun. I feel like we're really in a rhythm with him now, getting to know when he's tired, etc.

Oh yeah, I am SO chuffed about how we can post videos now! Thanks Gary for the webcam which enabled our first attempt (see previous post). We're hoping to borrow a proper camera from a friend and get some decent footage of all of us, I guess, but in particular the kiddliwinks, so watch this space!

Well, the rest of my family is in bed, and I think I should get myself there too. Love to all...

No comments: