Friday, June 15, 2007

Weighing up

Visited the Maternal and Child Health Nurse today. Jasper's put on another whole stack of weight, so I thought I'd compare his & Piper's records.

Jasper birth weight: 3600g
3 weeks: 4600g
6 weeks: 5380g
Total: almost 1.8kg!

Piper birth weight: 3395g
3 weeks: 4200g
6 weeks: 4610g
Total: about 1.2kg

Doesn't really matter either way - both these kids are healthy. However, I have to say it's very satisfying having a heavier kid, and knowing that my body has provided the fuel for their incredible growth.

Other than that, we are well. Gord's working from home today. Jasper's a bit windy, which is a bummer - he's sleeping on my lap while I type one-handed! Piper had fun at childcare this morning. She looked so grown up with her backpack on and her little Nemo suitcase lunchbox, wearing the new clothes (my) Auntie Jan got her. I wanted to take a photo but she wouldn't let me...

I'm going to Dancejam tonight with some friends, so that should be fun (first time, so we'll see what it's like...).

Anyway, ciao for now...

2 comments:

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Thats a beautiful picture of Jasper and Piper together :-)
Thank You for the lovely comment on my blog.
With the Japanese sewing books, they have lots of illustrations at the back of the books on how to make things. They are quite good. I did find when making the pants that I should have looked at the previous illustrations first. But on the whole they aren't to complicated. I hope that helps.

Anonymous said...

hey guys!
great pics! i really miss you guys and playing with Piper! can't wait to get back and spend the last leg of my journey with you guys in Melbourne!
Love you and see you soon
Michelle xoxo